Kelp Talk

PLANKTON NEED YOU!

• yshish by yshish

Dear Floating Forest classifiers!

I'd like to introduce you my the very most favorite project, the Plankton Portal. It is sad this project doesn't have as much attention as it deserves. The microworld of Plankton is very fascinating and very important for all the life forms on this planet. Without Plankton there will be no life at all! Plankton are very important food source for many animals and play an important role in the global carbon cycle. This cycle captures the Sun’s energy and the atmosphere’s CO2 at the surface of the ocean and releases it to other organisms and other areas of the ocean.

Images from the data set were taken by a special robot. Most of them have never been seen by human eyes! Patient users are rewarded by awesome finds/discoveries like this rarely seen feeding Thalasso!

So please, give it a try and maybe you'll fall in love with this project as well as me 😉 It'll be a pleasure for me to be your guide there.

The project is available in 5 languages: English, Deutsch, Français, Polski and even Czech(!)

Thank you very much, hope to meet you there on the Talk 😃

http://www.planktonportal.org/

Zuzi

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I would like to second this. I'd really love to see more people over at Plankton Portal!

I'm hoping that soon we'll get a chance to send out some emails spotlighting certain projects, but we're still having trouble with our mailing system. I'm thinking very soon, though!

In the meantime, yes, go do the plankton! 😃

Posted

• Quia by Quia

Can confirm, plankton are pretty cool. 😉

Posted