Kelp Talk

MUD

• shocko61 by shocko61

Lower right of center and along the bottom of the image are these Kelp or mudflats or both ???
    Also with lakes and algae / kelp , does the lake(s) have to be land locked for us not to mark the algae / kelp or does this happen with some sea / ocean access as well , I guess what I am asking can you please define what a lake is in respect to the type of algae / kelp to be marked

Posted

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

Tom Bell wrote a blog on 8/21/14 that answers a lot of your questions. The kelp only grows along coast of oceans but all that is green there is not kelp. Only outline kelp with marking tool on classification page. It is not necessary to bring it here and hashtag it although some like to. Read the blog about mudflats, and other marking helps and see if you still have questions.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi mistyfriday, thank you . I will have a look at what Tom Bell wrote and the other mudflats stuff and see how I go . Cheers Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi again mistyfriday , Iread Tom Bell's write-up and some other stuff and information about using Google Earth . With Google Earth opened by clicking the co-ordinates above the classification image I entered the same co-ordinates in the search box in Google Earth it gave me a location on land close to what I entered but did not help much .But I clicked on the ocean and a second search box opened with the exact place that I clicked on and i found the little dot of Kelp that I was looking for . I hope this will help other new users find what they are looking for . Again thank you for the info above . Cheers Ian

Posted

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

Hi shocko61, Sounds like what I referred you to was useful, I'm glad. I like to look over at the blog every now and then for updates. I also reread other areas of the site. Now that I am more familiar with what I am doing what I read at the beginning makes more sense now. Good searching!

Posted