Kelp Talk

No more CA

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

I've run out of CA pics to look at. I still work on TAS, but there is not much there. This has happened a couple of times before and then there is a reload. I don't know if this is the last of CA or if they just need to be loaded again. 😦 or it could be 😃 if it is time to move on to another area.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Congratulations! You really showed no mercy to California! I've seen only 2 clear kelp forests in Tasmania and a few candidate pictures.

If you've run out of California kelp pictures, then I assume not all of them were tagged.

Posted

I don't know what happened that causes this. I guess something about them having to be classified by several people before they are cycled out. I guess there were no more for "me". Now 4 hours later I have some. Maybe they add some new ones daily, or when someone gets that message as I had.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

They have uploaded many subjects to the database and you just ran out of the ones that were in circulation. Now new ones are put out for everyone to classify.

Posted

Each day I get a few CA images, but they are coming in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or so copy of each with 1, or 2 new to me (I believe). The rest are totally TAS. So I do believe I have view all the circulating images available to me. Anyone else get the same? This is happening each day. I don't really see new ones coming out.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

That might be because you have indeed been merciless to the data from California and the database is not sure whether to give you new set of images or not. I have had the same problem before the current large batch of data was uploaded. What's your classification count?

I'd like to see what the scientist team thinks of that.

Posted

I get the "out of images message" again. None for CA or for TAS. Anyone else getting this? I've stayed away from this project for awhile but it has happened again. I have classified a "few" images for FF, 79,229. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'll go back and visit the penguins in my free time.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

https://api.zooniverse.org/projects/kelp/status

Apparently, all the unclassified subjects are paused after colour correction.

Posted

• jebyrnes by jebyrnes scientist

Hrm. Will check in with the team about this.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thanks, @jebyrnes! It'd be excellent to get a status update.

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

At the moment their blog is inactive as well.

Posted

• jebyrnes by jebyrnes scientist

It's all back! Stay tuned for new info coming your way!

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

Thank you! Back to classifying.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thank you, @jebyrnes! Looking forward to having some new info to share with our dedicated volunteers here!

Posted

• HMB6EQUJ5 by HMB6EQUJ5

Nice blog....keep it going. Feeds the beast in us 😃

Posted