Kelp Talk

Really no data?

• yshish by yshish

Hi,

Just wanted to ask whether this hasn't happened for the first time now.. I clicked the 'Return to the classifying' button - no data loaded but it told me:

Nice Work!

We're all out of images to classify right now.

Check out one of our other projects while we load up some more!

I refreshed the page and images did loaded as usually without such a message. Refreshing the classification page did loaded images the last time this happened too.

What could cause that? Have all the data really been classified or is that message a glitch?

Thanks,

Zuzi

E: I came back to the classification page right after posting this and it happened again. I made a screenshot.

Posted

• yshish by yshish

Hm, it keeps showing the 'Nice work! no data' message after classifying a few images and sometimes refreshing doesn't help.

Posted

• Quia by Quia

It's possible that the longstanding bug where you'd get repeats when you've classified all the currently active images has finally been squashed. One can dream, right? Could use a more accurate error message if that's the case!

Might also have been a glitch.

Posted

• yshish by yshish in response to Quia's comment.

Hi @Quia

I'm not sure whether we have fully understood each other. Actually I am worried that this is a new version of that old bug. So please - is there any way that I can know that I have got new images, rather than find it is the old bug still hanging around and so I am doing repeat images? I ask because another Zooniverse person, @AvastMH , logged on to Floating Forests (14:54 UK time) and got the 'We're out of images etc' message, just as I did several times today. So how is it that I have had some to classify in between times? I wonder if the developers need to check out this problem? I am worried that repeat classifications might be messing things up for the scientists 😃

Btw, it lets me classify only a few images and then the 'No data' message pops up. I have to refresh the page a few times to get new images, sometimes it works after the first refreshing, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works unless I get out of the classification page - like to comment an image - then when I go back to classify it doesn't load anything again.

It is a bit irritating 😕

Thank you for your help. Best wishes!

Zuzi

Posted

• yshish by yshish

It is definitely a bug since it appears even while a new image is loading.

Posted

• Quia by Quia

There's no way of knowing if you're seeing repeats without recognizing one, as far as I know. I've been able to classify normally, I don't know what's going on. 😦 The only project I've ever seen a 'no more images' message when there were still things left to classify is on Solar Storm Watch, which has some really, really weird bugs with how subjects are served up and we frequently see 'no more images!' and then get more upon refreshing, but it's a very, very old project and doesn't really run on the same tech as the newer zooniverse projects.

Darren will probably be by on Monday to help sort out what's going on!

Posted

Thank you, @Quia

I have some experience with No data messages from other Zooniverse projects but they were always displayed just in cases when the data were really unavailable. It definitely shouldn't behave like this - that you get no-data-message while you can see some images there and having an access to them after refreshing the page and so on.

I've already notified Darren and one of the developers through emails. Hope they will be able to reproduce and fix that since the problem is undeniably not on my side.

Posted

• yshish by yshish

Problem has been solved!

It was caused by running out of Tasmanian data so the developers have locked the location on the Californian images until the new Tasmanian data arrive so it won't tell that 'there are no more images to classify' any more 😃

Zuzi

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Glad that we could get this fixed!!

Posted

• Quia by Quia

Yay! Also...

That's odd. I haven't seen any Tasmanian data in about four days, I figured we were all out. Were you still seeing it occasionally up until now?

Posted

Neither did I.. however I haven't focused on them that much, I just don't remember any.

Posted