Kelp Talk

Subject: AKP000lwbo

Subject AKP000lwbo Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

I marked the ones with green square things as kelp, is this correct? are they kelp beds on the oil platforms?

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

What are the red and blue things? are the fish beds of some sort?

Posted

• yshish by yshish

Hi, all these colorful square-like structures are just artifacts, no need to pay any attention to them, you can ignore that:)

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

However, there is indeed #kelp above the #artifacts as well.

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

The article on the blog shows similar green squares in another location and they are basically man made reefs for kelp beds, required to be

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

put in when they installed a nuclear power plants int the 1970s. These appear the same to me and since I know that there are a lot of oil

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

platforms in this area it makes more sense that these are kelp beds on man made structures.

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Could one of the scientist add this picture to our field guide for us and explain it. I'm not the only one to ask about these. Thanks

Posted

• yshish by yshish

No, these ones are definitely not man made reefs for kelp beds. You can see such artifacts over land or clouds as well AKP000kn9g

Posted

• yshish by yshish

Compare to the ones from the blog: https://floatingforests.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/5457ff5469736d0f71393501.jpg They look much different

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

That one you showed has mostly artificial kelp bed. This picture has natural kelp forest above all the artifacts.

Posted

• yshish by yshish

And they're very faint but you can see them along the coast..

Posted

• jebyrnes by jebyrnes scientist

Yep, some real kelp and Landsat glitch. It's actually like we designed an art piece!

Posted

• Artman40 by Artman40

#Dailyzoo?

Posted